The New Horizon Center
works to actualize the school vision by:
- Building positive relationships;
- Increasing engagement levels;
- Developing cognitive skills;
- Actualization of learning the Idaho Core Standards.
The New Horizon Center Beliefs
- A safe, supportive, caring and respectful environment is critical to student learning;
- High expectations promote high levels of student achievement;
- Students have a right to learn and are responsible for learning;
- Students may not opt out of learning;
- Students learn in different ways and at different rates;
- Students must be challenged to think critically, problem solve, and work in teams;
- Students learn best through active engagement in their learning with highly qualified, professional staff;
- Parents and the community play a vital role in a student's educational success;
- Education is a means to a quality of life.
It is worth whatever it takes!