to the Bear Den
Irving Middle School is all about kindness and community
The theme for the 2018/2019 school year is Dignity
Dignity is crucial to building and sustaining an environment in which everyone feels included, valued, and appreciated.
In order to reach my intention to manifest the virtue of dignity:
- I will reflect on how I see myself and others see me.
- I will consider the small things, like being kind and courteous, knowing they make a difference.
- I will smile because it is contagious.
- I will offer graditude to others by saying thank you.
- I honor the culural traditions of others.
- I will include others and show mutual respect.
Irving Middle School in cooperation with its students, their families, and community will empower students to:
- Maximize success in academic endeavors.
- Honor Individual differences.
- Respect the rights of others.
- Cultivate individual strengths and talents.
- Be responsible, productive, and healthy citizens.
- Students learn best through active engagement in their learning with highly qualified, professional staff.
- Students have a right to learn and are responsible for their learning.