Second Step for Early Learning is a curriculum that promotes social and emotional learning in young children. The curriculum teaches:
- Skills to help children develop skills for learning: listening, focusing attention, following directions, asking for help
- Empathy: identifying feelings, accidents, caring and helping
- Management of emotions and behavior: feelings in our body, strong feelings, naming feelings, managing disappointment, anger and waiting
- Friendship Skills and Problem Solving: fair ways to play, having fun with friends, inviting to and joining in with play, saying the problem and thinking of solutions, and speaking assertively.
- Transition to Kindergarten: learning in Kindergarten, riding the bus, making new friends.
Second Step provides fun lessons that include games, activities, and songs. The skills learned are useful in school, on the playground, and at home.
There are no courses for this group.