Skip To Main Content

Find it fast

Sunflowers for Mental Health

Mental Health Crisis Resources for PCSD 25 staff, learners, and families

If you feel you cannot keep yourself safe, go to the nearest emergency department or call 911 or the 988 Suicide and Crisis Lifeline. If you want someone to talk to or need referral information, there are behavioral health crisis resources available to you.

Immediate Support

Should Your Child Talk to a Counselor? Look for...

  • Loss of interest in activities they used to enjoy.
  • Behaving significantly more sullen, irritable, or defiant.
  • Neglecting their typical hygiene practices long periods without showering, etc.
  • Displaying unusual tiredness -- sleeping all day, complaining of fatigue, remaining isolated.
  • Unexplained stomach discomfort or other physical complaints.
  • Frequent tearfulness, beyond what is usual for them.
  • Dramatic appetite changes.

If You Know a Child Who is Struggling:

  • Alert the school counselor or social worker that the child may benefit from extra support.
  • Ask if there is a group or club that may add opportunities for connection, support, and joy.
  • Ask if there is an on-site therapist who is accepting new clients.
  • Encourage the child to tell a trusted adult when things feel overwhelming.
  • Reach out to school administrators, teachers, or counselors for extra problem solving support. 

Need Help Getting Started?

Our schools have access to resources throughout our community. Please contact the counselor or community resource worker at your child's school.